- Local Golf Course/Driving Range
- George C. Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary
- Boundary Bay Regional Park – Centennial Beach
- O.W.L. Society
- Diefenbaker Park
- Westham Island- Emma Lea Farms and Westham Island Herb Farm
- Watershed Park
- Burns Bog and Delta Nature Reserve
- Tsawwassen Mills Mall
Packing lunches for homestay students can be difficult. Most of our students are accustomed to eatting a hot meal at lunch time. Many of our international students don’t eat dairy products, or bread, although they do eat toast. Here are a few things we have found that works.
- Heat left over pasta, add a mixture of vegetables, and some meat. Pack in a thermos. Pack some fruit, a snack item or two, and a water bottle or juice box.
- Fry left over noodles or rice, add a mixture of vegetables, and some meat. Pack in a thermos. Pack some fruit, and a snack or two, and a wather bottle or juice box.
- Wraps: shredded cooked chicken or ham, shredded lettuce, and ranch dressing. Pack fruit, snacks and a drink.
- Hot sandwiches: toast with cooked bacon and egg, or toast with cooked ham and egg. Pack fruit, snacks and a drink to go with the sandwich.
Here are some great ideas: